Early Stage Marie Curie Fellow, University of Edinburgh (October 2016-).
Research Fellow, Catholic University Center (2016).
Ph.D. in Philosophy, University of Genoa, 2016
Dissertation title: La razionalitĂ dell’affidarsi: l’autoritĂ epistemica nel dibattito contemporaneo (The Rationality of Trusting Others: Epistemic Authority in the Contemporary Debate)
Supervisor: Angelo Campodonico.
External Examiners: Carla Bagnoli, Tommaso Piazza, Roberta Sala.
Visiting Post-graduate Student (2015) at Eidyn, University of Edinburgh (supervisor: Duncan Pritchard).
Visiting Researcher (2013-2014) at Jacques Maritain Center, University of Notre Dame, IN (supervisor: John O’Callaghan)
Laurea Magistrale (M.A.) in Philosophical Methodology, UniversitĂ degli Studi di Genova, 2012
Dissertation title: Dimensione umana della certezza: dall’ipotesi scettica alla “Virtue Epistemology” (Human Extent of Certainty: from Skeptical Hypotesis to Virtue Epistemology)
Advisors: Angelo Campodonico, Nicla Vassallo;
Honors: Summa cum laude, right of publication.
Laurea (B.A.) in Philosophy, UniversitĂ degli Studi di Genova, 2010
Dissertation title: Il problema del male nella filosofia analitica della religione (The Problem of Evil in The Analytical Philosophy of Religion)
Advisors: Nicla Vassallo, Michele Marsonet;
Honors: Summa cum laude, right of publication.
AOS: Epistemology,Â Virtue Theory.
AOC: Moral Philosophy, Philosophy of Education, Experimental Philosophy.
- “Expert-oriented abilities vs Novice-oriented abilities: An Alternative Account of Epistemic Authority.” Forthcoming.Â Episteme. Link.
- (with Paul Poenicke) “Testing What’s At Stake: Defending Stakes Effect for Testimony.” Forthcoming.Â Teorema. Link.
- (with Maria Silvia Vaccarezza) “Educating through Exemplars: Alternative Paths to Virtue.” Forthcoming. Theory and Research in Education. Link.
- “Epistemologia delle virtĂą”. APhEx.Â Temi.Â 2017. Link.
- “L’esemplarismo come teoria morale: uno sguardo critico”, in I fondamenti dell’etica, edited by Iolanda Poma, Morcelliana. 2017. Link.
- “Conversation with Duncan Pritchard.” APhEx.Â 2017. Link.
- “Do Flawed Super Heroes or Saints Make the Best Moral Exemplars for Young People?”Â Virtue Insight Blog. 2017.Â Link.
- (with Maria Silvia Vaccarezza) “Santi, eroi e lâ€™unitĂ delle virtĂą. Una proposta esemplarista di educazione morale” 2016.Â Iride. Link.
- “Recensione a Marco Damonte, Homo Orans. Antropologia della preghiera”. Dialeghesthai, Rivista telematica di filosofia, 2016 (18). Link.
- “La riscoperta dell’umiltĂ come virtĂą relazionale: la risposta della tradizione ai problemi contemporanei”, in Emozioni e VirtĂą: percorsi e prospettive di un tema classico, edited by Langella,Vaccarezza, Orthotes. 2014. Link.
- “The Role of Subjective Certainty in The Epistemology of Testimony: A Contextualist Perspective”, in Certainty-Uncertainty and the attitudinal space in between, edited by Abraham, Cantarini & Leiss, John Benjamins. 2014.
Talks & Masterclass (* peer reviewed)
- â€śEpistemic Paternalism and The Service Conception of Epistemic Authorityâ€ť, Diaphora Workshop III: A-priori Knowledge, University of Stirling, 5Â September.
- *â€śEpistemic Paternalism and The Service Conception of Epistemic Authorityâ€ť, Summer School in Social Epistemology, Autonomous University of Madrid, 27-31 August.
- *â€śEpistemic Paternalism and The Service Conception of Epistemic Authorityâ€ť, New Trends in Epistemology Conference, University of Pavia, June 13.
- *â€śEpistemic Paternalism and The Service Conception of Epistemic Authorityâ€ť, Donâ€™t Know, Donâ€™t Care â€“ 6th WFAP Graduate Conference, University of Vienna, June 7.
- *â€śWhat is an expert? A Service Conception of Epistemic Authorityâ€ť, Expertise and Expert Knowledge Workshop, University College Dublin, May 29.
- Respondent to â€śRevisiting the question: Emotion-judgment conflicts and rational attitude revisionâ€ť (by Kelly Epley), Feeling Reasons: the Role of Emotions in Reasoning, University of Edinburgh, May 24.
- [invited] â€śAutoritaĚ€ epistemica e testimonianzaâ€ť, Seminario di Analisi Filosofica, University of Pavia, March 29.
- *â€śWhat is an expert? On Coadyâ€™s dispute with Goldmanâ€ť, BPPA Annual Conference, University of Reading, September 14.
- *[accepted; with Paul Poenicke] â€śTesting Whatâ€™s at Stake: Defending Stakes Effect for Testimonyâ€ť, Buffalo Annual Experimental Philosophy Conference, University at Buffalo, September 10.
- *â€śWhat is an expert? On Coadyâ€™s dispute with Goldmanâ€ť, XII SIFA Conference, Pistoia, September 5.
- “Guida alla lettura di J. Baehr ed E. Sosa” (How to read J. Baehr and E. Sosa), Aretai Reading Group 2016, University of Genoa, April 14.
- *(with Maria Silvia Vaccarezza) “Educating through Exemplars: Alternative Paths to Virtue”, Jubilee Centre Annual Conference,Â Oxford, January 8.
- *”Expert-oriented abilities vs novice-oriented abilities: An Alternative Account of Epistemic Authority”, Workshop on Pragmatics and Testimony, University of Trieste, November Â 5-6.
- *[poster accepted; with Paul Poenicke] “Testing What’s At Stake: Defending Stakes Effect for Testimony”, Experimental Philosophy Group Germany 1st Conference, Ruhr University Bochum, November 26-28.
- *”Expert-oriented abilities vs novice-oriented abilities: An Alternative Account of Epistemic Authority”, GAP.9 German Society for Analytic Philosophy, Osnabruck, September 14-17.
- “L’esemplarismo come teoria morale: uno sguardo critico” (On exemplarism as a moral theory) , 60Â° Convegno Fondazione Centro Studi Filosofici di Gallarate, Vercelli, September 9.
- *[accepted] “Expert-oriented abilities vs novice-oriented abilities: An Alternative Account of Epistemic Authority”, ENFA6 Sixth National Meeting in Analytic Philosophy, Azores, September 10-12.
- “Fiducia e coesione sociale” (Trust and Social Cohesion), FILPRA UNIGE Seminar, University of Genoa, May 22.
- *”Expert-oriented abilities vs novice-oriented abilities: An Alternative Account of Epistemic Authority”, Graduate Conference in Theoretical Philosophy, University of Nijmegen, April 29.
- *”An Alternative Account of Epistemic Authority”, Workshop on Philosophical Writing, led by Klemens Kappel (University of Copenhagen), Rome, April 6-10.
- “John Dancy’s moral particularism”, in theÂ ContemporaryÂ Practical Philosophy SeminarÂ (MA –Â University of Genoa), April 2.
- “Language and thought in Charles Taylor”, in the Philosophical Anthropology Class (BA/MA – University of Genoa), March 10.
- *”Why Virtues Are Fundamental to Epistemology: The Case of Testimony”, Understanding Value Conference (University of Sheffield), July 23-25.
- *”Between Gullibility and Suspiciousness: A Virtuous-Pragmatist Account of Testimony-based Justification”, BPPA Masterclass on Epistemic Values and Intellectual Virtues (University of Edinburgh), led by Duncan Pritchard and Allan Hazlett, June 11-12.
- “Moral realism and the foundation of ethics in D. Brink”, in the ContemporaryÂ Practical Philosophy SeminarÂ (MA –Â University of Genoa), April 9.
- *”Come giustificare le credenze acquisite per testimonianza: la soluzione della Virtue Epistemology”, Workshop on Epistemology – A Junior-Senior Debate, University of Modena, December 11.
- *[accepted] “Reconsidering Testimony as A Marker of Evidence in Criminal Trials”, The Netherlands Journal of Legal Philosophy Conference, Amsterdam, November 29-30.
- *[accepted] “Beyond Reductionism and Non-Reductionism in The Epistemology of Testimony: A Virtuous-Contextualist Perspective”, Seventh Conference of the Spanish Society for Analytic Philosophy, Madrid, September 11-14.
- *[accepted] “Reconsidering Testimonial Knowledge: A Virtuous-Contextualist Account”, Salzburg Conference for Young Analytic Philosophy, Salzburg, September 12-14.
- *[accepted] “Why Political Leaders Should Be Epistemic Authorities: Epistemological Problems of Conflicts”, 3rd Global Conference Communication and Conflict, Mansfield College, Oxford, September 5-7.
- *”Beyond Reductionism and Non-Reductionism in The Epistemology of Testimony: A Virtuous-Contextualist Perspective”, Swedish Congress of Philosophy, Stockholm, June 14-16.
- Masterclass on Virtue Epistemology, led by Ernest Sosa and Hans-Johann Glock, University of Zurich, May 24-25.
- “Safety-Based Epistemology”, HappyLog, University of Genoa, January 21.
- *”Subjective Certainty, Testimony and Knowledge: Ordinary Context and Philosophcal Context”, The Communication of Certainty and Uncertainty, University of Macerata, October 4.
- Journal Referee: Journal of Moral Education, Synthese, Topoi.
- Junior Researcher of Aretai – Center on Virtues.
- Member of the Organising Committee of the 7th Edinburgh Graduate Epistemology Conference (2017).
- Co-Organizer (with Maria Silvia Vaccarezza) of Aretai Reading Group (2016), FILPRA UNIGE Reading Group (2014-2015).
- Member of the Organising Committee of the Inaugural Conference of Aretai: “Connecting Virtues: Theoretical and Educational Insights”, Genoa (September 2016).
- Member of the Editorial Board of “Philosophical News” (2013-2015).
- Assistant Tutor for the School of Humanities, University of Genoa (2009-2012).