Members of the Philosophy Section of the Department are informally connected with many laboratories among which:
- ¬†LAIF (Logica Applicata e Informazione Filosofica) [vedi sotto]
- Laboratory of Psicology and ¬† Cognitive Sciences.
- IIT Laboratories (robotica and ¬†cognitive sciences)
- Casa Paganini.
¬†LAIF ¬†– LOGICA APPLICATA E¬†INFORMAZIONE FILOSOFICA (Applied Logic and Philosophical Information)
LAIF (Logica Applicata e Informazione Filosofica) is known als as “laboratorio dottorandi“, and had a fundamental role for the Department of Philosophy since Nineties, cintributing to:
- Give and maintain the Department server ¬†[“nous”], now dismissed.
- Teaching teachers to use the e-mail ¬†“pine”  before modern developments.
- Creating the web pages od the Department (now philosophical section of another Department)
These pages were the first page in Huna Studies, after the Web-site of the Faculty of Arts created by Oscar Itzcovich in 1994, much before the pages of the University [just think that ¬†www has been invented in ¬†1991 made available for all at CERN in 1993]
- DIffusion of the use of HTML for graduates and undergraduates
- Creation of the journal ¬†¬†Networks¬† rivista on line del Servizio Web Italiano di Filosofia (SWIF)¬†¬†(active¬†¬†2003- 2006)
- Physical space with computers¬†(connected by ¬†LINUX), ¬†printer, projector, photocopy machine, scanner and organization of meetings.
THe laboratoy had different physical collocation and mantained an acctivity for:
- Updating the pages of ¬†the philosophy Section of the Department
- Organization of ¬†EPILOG Seminar, for graduate students and PhD students.
- Updating of the pages of the ¬†Northwestern Italian Philosophy Consortium¬†
- Organization of meeting and seminars.
- Experimental works in philosophy and pragmatics
(see below an example of collaboration with the Laboratory of Psychology and Cognitive Science).